The What to Eat Bundle
What to eat with thyroid disease can become an overwhelming quagmire of information. This bundle lays a clean line of track to follow so you can get those wheels turning and get rolling towards a thyroid-friendly diet. You’ll learn about the various dietary approaches (including those outlined in Thyroid30®), specific foods to add to your diet and others to avoid. We’ll get to the bottom of the great goitrogen debate, and delve lightly into the realm of nutritional liver and detox support.
As you will soon learn, the process of deciphering your unique dietary triggers takes time and attention. As an added tool to help you uncover those dietary triggers, download the Weekly Food Tracker, and Food Sensitivity Tracker from our collection of resources. And if you ever have questions, care to commiserate, or want to share your own personal tips and tricks with our generous community, visit our Nutrition and Recipe Forums at the Refresh Cafe. Happy Thriving and Bon Appetit!
Follow this suggested order for a natural flow that will carry you from one post to the next:
- Bio-Individual Nutrition: Unlocking Your Unique Thyroid Diet – Team nutritionist, Adrienne Klein, explains how to begin the process of uncovering your body’s unique dietary needs.
- The Great 8: Foods for Optimal Thyroid Health – A list of highly-beneficial and delicious foods to incorporate into your regular diet.
- The Not-So-Great 8: Foods to Avoid for Thyroid Health – These foods warrant some reconsideration as part of your regular diet.
- Which Dietary Level Is Right for Me? – Although this article outlines dietary guidelines specific to Thyroid30™, it can help you identify which diet is right for you and your lifestyle.
- Goitrogens and Your Thyroid: More Molehill than Mountain – Cookbook author and nutritionist Jill Grunewald untangles myths around the recommendation to avoid crucifers and other supposed thyroid-inhibiting foods.
- Food Sensitivity Tracker – Are you ready to find answers about what’s best for your body? We worked with our team nutritionist to create this step-by-step workbook, designed to help you identify your unique food sensitivities once and for all.
- Healthy Fats & Oils Infographic – This handy infographic will show you the best choices for your thyroid-healthy pantry, including details like which oils to avoid and which oils are best for higher heat cooking.
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Help for Hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease – Mary Shomon is here to address your burning questions about hyperthyroid diet and lifestyle interventions.
- How to Approach a Plant-Based Diet for Thyroid Patients – The decision to follow a plant-based diet is a deeply personal one, but it’s important to know that it’s not typically recommended for thyroid patients. This article outlines how vegan and vegetarian thyroid patients can avoid common nutritional pitfalls.
Identifying your dietary triggers is a pathway to not only healing but empowerment. Use this resource to help you figure out which foods don’t agree with your body
This handy infographic will show you the best choices for your thyroid-healthy pantry.