The What to Eat Bundle
What to eat with thyroid disease can become an overwhelming quagmire of information. This bundle lays a clean line of track to follow so you can get those wheels turning and get rolling towards a thyroid-friendly diet. You’ll learn about the various dietary approaches (including those outlined in Thyroid30™), specific foods to add to your diet and others to avoid. We’ll get to the bottom of the great goitrogen debate, and delve lightly into the realm of nutritional liver and detox support.
As you will soon learn, the process of deciphering your unique dietary triggers takes time and attention. As an added tool to help you uncover those dietary triggers, download the Weekly Food Tracker, and Food Sensitivity Tracker from our collection of resources. And if you ever have questions, care to commiserate, or want to share your own personal tips and tricks with our generous community, visit our Nutrition and Recipe Forums at the Refresh Cafe. Happy Thriving and Bon Appetit!
Follow this suggested order for a natural flow that will carry you from one post to the next:
- Bio-Individual Nutrition: Unlocking Your Unique Thyroid Diet – Team nutritionist, Adrienne Klein, explains how to begin the process of uncovering your body’s unique dietary needs.
- The Great 8: Foods for Optimal Thyroid Health – A list of highly-beneficial and delicious foods to incorporate into your regular diet.
- The Not-So-Great 8: Foods to Avoid for Thyroid Health – These foods warrant some reconsideration as part of your regular diet.
- Which Dietary Level Is Right for Me? – Although this article outlines dietary guidelines specific to Thyroid30™, it can help you identify the right program for you and your lifestyle.
- Goitrogens and Your Thyroid: More Molehill than Mountain – Cookbook author and nutritionist Jill Grunewald untangles myths around the recommendation to avoid crucifers and other supposed thyroid-inhibiting foods.
- Supporting Your Liver and Kidneys with 8 Detoxifying Foods – Reducing toxins in the body is one of the common-core recommendations for thyroid patients. Eat these foods on the regular to keep your body’s built-in detox system running like a well-oiled machine.
- Weekly Food Tracker – What’s one of the simplest ways to improve your diet? Track it. Tracking = accountability. Because nobody wants to record a whole bag of cheese puffs. This resource makes it simple to see your habits.
- Food Sensitivity Tracker – Are you ready to find answers about what’s best for your body? We worked with our team nutritionist to create this step-by-step workbook, designed to help you identify your food sensitivities once and for all.
Identifying your dietary triggers is a pathway to not only healing but empowerment. Use this resource to help you figure out which foods don’t agree with your body
Tracking what you eat gives you powerful insight into many aspects of your eating habits.