All You Need to Know About Stool Testing for Gut Health
with Brie Wieselman, L.Ac
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we welcome Brie Wieselman, L.Ac back to the show. Brie is a functional medicine practitioner, digestive health and hormone balance specialist working with women around the world in her online practice.
Besides women’s health, Brie also specializes in helping people with digestive problems such as IBS, parasitic infections, Candida overgrowth, and SIBO to rebuild a bulletproof microbiome.
Using her programs, which integrate Functional Medicine and Chinese Medicine approaches, she has worked with hundreds of clients living anywhere from Dubai and New Zealand to California, empowering them with a personalized road map for understanding and transforming their health.
Join us for an informative conversation about stool testing, one of the best ways to determine what is going on in your gut. Tune in to learn more!
Listen/Watch time: 41 minutes
We can learn so much from the stool. And what we can learn from a stool sample is evolving every day.
– brie wieselman
- (03:15) What can stool testing tell us about the gut?
- (09:12) Is leaky gut indicated on a stool panel?
- (10:30) Which gut health symptoms indicate that you may have a gut health issue?
- (14:34) How is immunity tied to gut health?
- (21:00) Different kinds of stool tests
- (27:00) Can ginger help gut motility?
- (29:00) Gut conditions common to thyroid patients
- (35:20) Brie’s main takeaway for listeners
When the body thinks you’re under stress or taxed, it prioritizes where it sends its resources. And your immune system can kind of take a back seat.
– brie wieselman
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Brie online
- Brie’s Digestive Health Information Handout
- Brie’s free SIBO Guidebook
- Thyroid Refresh TV ep. 45: Tried, True, and Exciting New Ways to Manage Gut Dysbiosis with Brie Wieselman, L.Ac
- GI Map
- The Fix-It List: 20 Ways to Repair and Nourish Your Gut
- How to Use Probiotics to Improve Thyroid Function