How to Become Your Own Thyroid Health Advocate
with Rachel Hill, creator of The Invisible Hypothyroidism
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Rachel Hill, a thyroid patient advocate, writer and author, and creator of the award-winning advocacy website: The Invisible Hypothyroidism.
Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s, Rachel talks openly and honestly about what it’s like to have these conditions and what has helped her and many others recover their health and thrive with thyroid disease.
She is passionate about helping those with hypothyroidism and giving them a voice. She is well recognized as a valuable contributor to the thyroid community. Rachel’s work can be found on her website, social media, and in her book, Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate.
Join us as we chat with Rachel about how we can (and why we should) be our own thyroid advocates. We also talk about her personal story, as well about her recently released book! Tune in to learn more!
Listen/Watch time: 50 minutes
For so many people, it’s not just about falling within range (these big wide ranges). It’s about finding that place within range that we refer to as ‘optimal’
– rachel hill
- (02:35) Rachel’s personal story about her health journey
- (10:00) Does standard thyroid testing differ in the UK compared to the US?
- (15:00) What drove Rachel to write her book, Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate
- (25:00) Why is it important to be your own thyroid health advocate?
- (31:10) What was Rachel’s experience participating in THYROID30®?
Keep shouting from the rooftops that one medication doesn’t work for everyone. There is no one-size-fits-all. We have to approach each person as an individual.
– rachel hill
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- The Invisible Hypothyroidism website
- Be Your Own Thyroid Advocate book
- Find Rachel on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram