Cooking and Eating for SIBO
with Phoebe Lapine
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode of the podcast, we speak with Phoebe Lapine about how to cook and eat for SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth).
Phoebe is a food and health writer, gluten-free chef, speaker, and the voice behind the award-winning blog Feed Me Phoebe.
Named by Women’s Health Magazine as the top nutrition read of 2017, Phoebe’s debut memoir, The Wellness Project, chronicles her journey with the autoimmune disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
She is the host of the SIBO Made Simple podcast and author of the forthcoming cookbook by the same name, which helps those newly diagnosed or chronically fighting SIBO.
Phoebe’s work has appeared in Food & Wine, Marie Claire, SELF, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, and Mind Body Green, who named her one of 100 Women to Watch in Wellness.
She lives in Brooklyn, NY with her husband and beagle.
Join us for this enlightening discussion with Phoebe about considerations to make when trying to plan meals with SIBO.
Listen/Watch time: 35 minutes
It’s said that 60% or more of IBS cases are actually being caused by SIBO.
– phoebe lapine
- (03:15) Phoebe’ health story
- (07:37) How many people have SIBO and maybe don’t realize it, and how common is it amongst thyroid patients?
- (09:10) Best tests for SIBO
- (10:31) What mistakes are we making in our diet in terms of gut health?
- (13:30) Could loading up on probiotics and fermented foods be linked to SIBO?
- (17:46) Some of the key principles of a low-FODMAP diet
- (22:00) A few examples of high-FODMAP foods
- (30:00) Phoebe’s main takeaways for listeners
If you have a really damaged, weak gut, even nuts, seeds, and roughage could be hard for you.
– phoebe lapine
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Phoebe online
- Check out Phoebe’s new book, SIBO Made Simple
- Try Phoebe’s Low-FODMAP Recipe for “Butterless Butter Chicken“