How to Exercise Safely with an Autoimmune Condition
with Andrea Wool of Autoimmune Strong
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
Join us as we speak with Andrea Wool, founder and creator of Autoimmune Strong: an online fitness membership service designed specifically for people with autoimmune disease, fibromyalgia, and other types of chronic pain. We’ll be talking to her about what we should look out for when exercising, and breaking down exactly what exercise intolerance is.
Listen/Watch time: 35 minutes
We all think that we should be able to exercise, either in the way we used to or in the way we see on TV.
– andrea wool
- (0:01:50) What is exercise intolerance?
- (0:05:00) What are some symptoms of this intolerance?
- (0:09:00) Why do so many doctors tell people with thyroid disease that they should be exercising more?
- (0:11:00) What is exercise tolerance?
- (0:12:00) How do we keep exercising without causing harm?
- (0:18:00) How to progress slowly and steadily
- (0:22:30) What Andrea is putting out this fall to help people keep track of their habits
- (0:25:20) How yoga becomes difficult with hypermobility
- (0:28:00) How to combat hypermobility
It can be frustrating to hold yourself back, but unfortunately that’s what your body is telling you it needs.
– andrea wool
- Andrea’s fitness membership site, Autoimmune Strong
- What Exercises Are Just Right for You? (free)
- 🔒 How to Avoid an Exercise-Induced Symptom Flare-Up
- 🔒 Core Stability and Balance Training
- 🔒 Strength Training for Glutes, Legs, and Arms