The Female Hormone Snowball
with Dr. Beth Westie, author of The Female Fat Solution
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Dr. Beth Westie, author of The Female Fat Solution and creator of the 12 Week Female Fat Solution Challenge.
Dr. Westie was born and raised on a small goat farm in Eagan, Minnesota. After collecting a pair of state volleyball titles as an Eagan Wildcat, her sights turned to higher education in the form of the NMU Wildcat. Being the recipient of a full athletic and academic scholarship to Northern Michigan University, Dr. Westie was able to combine her love of sport alongside her passion for women’s health.
Upon graduating NMU with a bachelor’s in biology and physiology, the blossoming massage therapist promptly enrolled in the chiropractic program at Minnesota’s Northwestern Health Sciences University. Only after becoming a mother of two (now three), a certified acupuncturist, and a Doctor of Chiropractic, could she finally focus on a career path. It wasn’t until then that her passion for women’s health and wellness could awaken and transform the lives of women around the world.
Join us as we chat with Dr. Westie about all things female hormone! We dive into how our bodies have different nutritional needs at different points in the month, what in the world seed cycling is (spoiler alert: It is NOT a farming term!), and how to try and process carbs better.
Listen/Watch time: 38 minutes
Every week, your hormones are different as you go throughout the month. So it makes sense that you would match what you’re eating to what your hormonal nutritional needs are for that period of time.
– dr. beth westie
- (02:28) Dr. Westie’s hormone and thyroid story
- (12:08) Some information about Ayurveda
- (13:20) The hormonal “tipping point” for women
- (19:00) How does the thyroid factor into women’s hormone issues?
- (23:50) Why women have four different bodies over the course of a one-month cycle
- (26:00) What is carb cycling? Why do our bodies need carbohydrates?
- (28:18) What is seed cycling and how can women use it for support?
- (33:30) For a woman coming into menopause, how would these recommendations change?
- (35:00) Actionable tips to implement to support weight loss, hormones, seed cycling, etc.
Our bodies are so in-tune with whatever is around us…Our bodies are so reactive to the environments that we are in.
– dr beth westie
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Dr. Westie online here
- The Female Fat Solution
- 12 Week Female Fat Solution Challenge