Fine-Tuning Your Thyroid Medication
with McCall McPherson, PA-C, founder of Modern Thyroid Clinic
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with McCall McPherson about fine-tuning your thyroid meds. McCall is the founder of Modern Thyroid Clinic (a thyroid-centered functional medicine practice in Austin, Texas), and the new owner and Chief-Thyroid-Hope-Giver of Thyroid Nation (originally founded by our very own Danna Bowman).
McCall is a physician assistant, recentTEDx speaker and a thyroid expert by way of being a thyroid patient. Her passion for perfecting thyroid treatment stemmed from years of her suffering due to the mismanagement of her own hypothyroidism.
Now she lives, breathes and thrives in understanding the nuances of proper thyroid care. Her philosophy is simple: There is no reason to still have thyroid symptoms.
She spends her time helping to make it so by giving her patients get their lives back and teaching and advocating for the other millions suffering who aren’t her patients.
Join us as we chat with McCall about how fine-tuning your thyroid medication can have a major impact on your symptom reduction. Tune in to hear our discussion!
Listen/Watch time: 30 minutes
Thyroid disorders are very, very complex to manage and to treat to get people into remission as far as their symptoms go and get them their life back.
– mccall mcpherson
- (01:10) McCall’s background
- (02:50) The #1 reason why thyroid patients are suffering needlessly
- (03:56) How does McCall help patients fine-tune their thyroid medication?
- (06:35) Has McCall received push back from the conventional medical community for her approach?
- (13:00) What medications does McCall typically prescribe?
- (18:27) How does McCall’s process differ for hyperthyroid and Graves’ patients?
- (23:00) How can patients work with McCall?
- (27:00) McCall’s three main takeaways for listeners.
I find that if I can get people into an extremely tight and controlled lab range, their symptoms go away.
– mccALL mcpherson