Getting into Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology
with Dr. Izabella Wentz, PharmD., FASCP
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Dr. Izabella Wentz, PharmD, FASCP. Izabella is a pioneering expert in lifestyle interventions for treating Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Diagnosed with the disease at age 27, she drew on years of research, her work with thousands of patients, and her own experience to create the #1 New York Times bestseller, Hashimoto’s Protocol.
Her new book, Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology, is a step-by-step guide for replacing medication with healthy habits and delicious food to help revitalize the immune system. With a proven nutritional plan for treating this distressing and pervasive autoimmune condition, the book features 125 recipes (and 100 full-color photographs), meal plans, as well as habits, tools, and strategies to stay on track.
Expanding on her bestselling protocol, which has reached hundreds of thousands of sufferers, Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology features:
- Nutritious and tasty recipes for salads, smoothies, bone broths, dishes for the crockpot, Korean style bibimbap meals, and more
- Easy-to-use meal plans and food rotation schedules
- Thyroid-supporting nutrient details on every page
- Tips for creating a healthy kitchen
- FAQs for easy reference and quick answers
Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology offers a new way forward for reversing symptoms of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis naturally and deliciously.
In this episode, we chat to Izabella about her new book, how we can successfully implement and stick with dietary changes, goitrogens, and loads more!
Listen/Watch time: 34 minutes
One of the things that really fascinated me…is how tiny little substances can have such a profound impact on the body.
– dr. izabella wentz
- (04:15) What is Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology?
- (06:15) How to begin making dietary changes.
- (10:50) How to stick with dietary changes without feeling deprived.
- (14:25) Izabella’s thoughts on the goitrogen debate.
- (25:00) Tests and strategies you can use to figure out your bio-individual nutrition needs.
- (30:40) Izabella’s current diet.
Gluten, dairy, and soy are the three most reactive foods for people with Hashimoto’s.
– dr. izabella wentz
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Izabella’s new book, Hashimoto’s Food Pharmacology
- Izabella’s first book, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis: Lifestyle Interventions for Finding and Treating the Root Cause
- Izabella’s second book, Hashimoto’s Protocol
- GoBe2 Smart-Life Band
- Find Izabella online here