Heavy Metals, the Lymphatic System, and the Thyroid
with Dr. Christine Schaffner
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
Join us as we speak with Dr. Christine Schaffner, board-certified Naturopathic physician. We’ll be discussing heavy metals, harmful chemicals, pollutants, and how these things affect the thyroid.
Listen/Watch time: 44 minutes
The body is always trying to maintain homeostasis.
– Dr. christine schaffner
- (0:01:30) Why the location of the thyroid is an important part of the discussion.
- (0:06:50) How the brain gets rid of waste.
- (0:10:00) How do we support lymphatic flow and drainage?
- (0:12:00) How dry skin brushing can help.
- (0:13:00) How chronic infections come into it.
- (0:20:00) How toxins can affect the thyroid.
- (0:25:00) Which heavy metals to be wary of.
- (0:28:00) What’s connecting with nature got to do with it?
If the lymph system doesn’t drain in the gut, then the rest of the extremities cannot drain.
– dr. christine schaffner