The Importance of Trusting Your Intuition
with Heather Dane, author of Loving Yourself to Great Health
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Heather Dane: medicine woman, author, and health coach.
A former high-powered corporate executive who suffered massive burnout, Heather Dane took a radical career leap after spending many years investigating the cause of her myriad health problems. Now a highly sought-after Health Coach, Dane combines her accumulated business and health acumen to support thousands of people in healing naturally with lifestyle, nutrition and nutritional supplements.
During her years as personal health coach to world-renowned alternative health pioneer Louise Hay, Dane joined forces with her to bring the most cutting edge wisdom, including a culmination of Hay’s lifetime of work in their two books, Loving Yourself to Great Health and The Bone Broth Secret. These books reveal how making loving choices about the food you eat and the thoughts you think can deeply nourish your body and soul.
Heather is the visionary behind the Wellness Project by Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, a non-profit project to rebuild medicine with indigenous peoples around the world. She’s a regular contributor to Mind Body Green, Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation Journal, HealYourLife.com; and she has a Hay House Radio show that airs on Tuesdays.
Considered a 21st century Medicine Woman, Dane draws from her Native American culture (Haudenosaunee / Iroquois, Oneida Nation), combining ancient wisdom, her myriad holistic / alternative health training, and modern technology to offer the most cutting edge prescriptive remedies for your health.
She specializes in epigenetics, and supporting people to resolve methylation challenges, addictions, weight challenges, stress, intergenerational trauma, chronic fatigue, depression, autoimmune illness, energetic sensitivity and much more, while enhancing their capacity for self-love and self-care.
Join us as we chat with Heather about the importance of self-care and the transformative effects it can have on all facets of our health, as well as the importance of trusting our intuition.
Listen/Watch time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Only 5% of our health is dictated by our genes, and the other 95% is something above the genes—which can include our environment (or our perception of the environment), the food we eat, the thoughts we think, or the lifestyle we lead.
– heather dane
- (02:38) Heather’s story
- (23:00) Why is self-care so important?
- (35:30) The importance of trusting intuition.
- (44:00) What is intuitive right brain tissue, and how does it affect us?
At some point, if we’re making a commitment to living our truth at the fifth [throat] chakra level, we have to make decisions that are unpopular to other people.
– heather dane
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Heather online
- Loving Yourself to Great Health
- The Bone Broth Secret
- The Throat Chakra: Why Speaking Your Truth Is so Important to Thyroid Health