The Link Between the Thyroid and SIBO
with Phoebe Lapine
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Phoebe Lapine. Phoebe is a food writer, gluten-free chef, culinary instructor, recipe developer, thyroid advocate, and author of the memoir, The Wellness Project. After she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s in her early twenties, Phoebe Lapine felt overwhelmed by her doctor’s strict protocols and conflicting information. After experiencing mixed results from a life of deprivation that seemed unsustainable at best, she adopted 12 of her own wellness directives—including eliminating sugar, switching to all-natural beauty products, and getting in touch with her spiritual side—to find out which lifestyle changes truly impacted her health for the better.
Join us for a fascinating chat with Phoebe about climbing to the summit of health mountain, as well as the link between SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth) and thyroid disease.
Listen/Watch time: 33 minutes
It’s unrealistic to think that you can heal any part of your body in a meaningful way in less amount of time.
– phoebe lapine
- (02:00) Phoebe’s story.
- (04:30) How The Wellness Project started.
- (10:30) Is there a link between hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s Disease and SIBO?
- (11:30) What is SIBO?
- (14:15) What is the testing like for SIBO?
- (17:40) What is the treatment for SIBO?
- (19:25) What Phoebe’s new podcast will focus on, and when it launches.
- (22:00) What does Phoebe eat? What are her current favorite simple recipes?
- (26:20) Phoebe’s favorite kitchen hacks.
- (29:00) How much of a role does toxic burden play?
- (31:00) How much of a role does the brain-gut axis play?
There’s something about transformation myths that have always not sat well with me.
– phoebe lapine
- The Wellness Project memoir by Phoebe Lapine
- Phoebe’s website
- Phoebe’s health and wellness website
- Healthy Mongolian Beef Recipe by Phoebe Lapine
- SIBO Made Simple podcast trailer