Meet Mary Shomon: Resident Thyroid Expert
with Danna & Ginny
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
Today, we get to know Thyroid Refresh team member, Mary Shomon, our resident thyroid expert. Mary is a patient advocate and New York Times bestselling author of 13 books on health. Mary has been researching, writing and teaching about thyroid disease, hormonal health, weight loss, and autoimmune disease for two decades. In addition to her books, you can find her writing at www.Verywell.com and www.HealthCentral.com, and catch her PBS Healthy Hormones television specials. You can also follow Mary on Facebook.
It’s incumbent on you to be essentially what some of us call the CEO of your own health care. Nobody else is going to do it for you. You have to do it for yourself.
– Mary Shomon
Listen/Watch Time: 18 minutes
- (01:07) Mary’s journey.
- (03:00) Is thyroid disease as simple to treat as many doctors would have us believe?
- (04:10) How improperly treated thyroid conditions can lead to other health problems.
- (07:05) Why many people with thyroid disease aren’t diagnosed.
- (08:00) Mary thinks there’s always been a large group of people with thyroid problems.
- (08:40) Mary’s philosophy about improving thyroid health.
- (14:30) Mary: Why resources like those on Thyroid Refresh® are helpful.
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- A few articles by Mary Shomon about thyroid health:
– Hypothyroidism Doesn’t Have to Slow You Down
– Hyperthyroidism and Graves’ Disease 101
– 9 Ways Thyroid Patients Can Thrive
– A Guide to Optimizing Your Thyroid Medication
There are good doctors and bad doctors. There are good nutritionists and bad nutritionists. If someone is not solving the problem, get rid of them and move on.
– Mary Shomon