Meet Nadia Ahrens: Team Psychotherapist
with Danna & Ginny
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
Today, we get to know Nadia Ahrens, LICSW, our resident psychotherapist. A graduate of Boston University and Columbia University, she’s been practicing the art of helping, teaching, and mentoring others for nearly twenty years. Nadia is a transformational coach in private practice, teaches Personal Transformation groups and retreats, and is a trained clinical hypnotherapist. After enduring the loss of her son, and what she calls her own ‘transformational trauma,’ she believes that we can transform from anything and everything and that we are all here to learn, grow, and evolve into our best, shiniest selves. Nadia lives in Seattle with her husband and two surviving children. Find her on Facebook at Nadia Ahrens Therapy.
We’ll be chatting with her about how emotional and mental health are so important when trying to improve our thyroid lifestyle.
When you start small and you have these baby steps, you’re setting yourself up for success…don’t discount these itty bitty steps because those are the ones that are going to make a difference.
Listen/Watch Time: 13 minutes
- (01:00) Nadia’s background
- (02:00) How guided visualizations can help you heal
- (04:44) Advice for taking the first (and hardest) step in your healing journey
- (07:00) Trying to take the overwhelm out of the healing process
- (07:35) Celebrating your victories, no matter how small they may seem
- (09:00) Letting go of expectations
- (09:38) Three things people can do today to get into a healing mindset
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Visualizations and meditations by Nadia:
– Healing Blue Light: A Throat Chakra Meditation
– Connecting with Your Symptomatic Self: A Guided Meditation
– Connect with Your Healthy, Wise Self: A Guided Meditation
Expectations and comparisons
only lead to suffering.