The Skin, the Thyroid, and the Gut: How Are They Connected?
with Jennifer Fugo, MS, CNS of Skinterrupt.com
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Jennifer Fugo, MS, CNS. Jennifer is a clinical nutritionist empowering women who’ve been failed by conventional medicine to beat chronic skin and gut challenges. Because she’s overcome a long history of gut issues and eczema, Jennifer has empathy and insight to help her clients discover missing pieces and create doable integrative plans. We’ll be talking to Jennifer about the link between the thyroid and skin issues, along with how gut health and digestion play into it all.
Jennifer launched www.Skinterrupt.com to interrupt the failed conversation about chronic skin problems with helpful alternatives that you aren’t being told about. She has a Master’s degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport and is a Certified Nutrition Specialist. Her work has been featured on Dr. Oz, Reuters, Yahoo!, CNN, and many podcasts and summits. Jennifer is an Amazon best-selling author and the host of the Healthy Skin Show.
Listen/Watch time: 40 minutes
If you are on the autoimmune spectrum…it does open you up to an increased possibility and risk of developing an additional autoimmune disease.
– jennifer fugo
- (02:00) What’s the link between thyroid and skin issues?
- (06:30) What are some dietary tools that Jennifer recommends? Why is protein important for those of us with chronic health issues?
- (12:00) Why does Jennifer recommend a gluten-free diet to her clients, especially those with thyroid issues?
- (16:00) Jennifer’s journey with eczema.
- (21:30) What effects do steroid creams have on the body?
- (23:00) What is Red Skin Syndrome?
- (27:00) What skin issues can be related to the thyroid?
- (32:10) What does Jennifer do to help her clients support their gut health? Why are dietary sensitivities not as much of a root cause as people think?
If the thyroid is struggling, you are going to have problems regenerating or rebuilding healthy new skin.
– jennifer fugo