How to Survive and Thrive on the Autoimmune Protocol
with Kate Jay
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
The Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) can open your mind to a whole new way of eating, we learned, as we spoke with Kate Jay, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, Certified AIP Coach, trained chef and author of the eBook, Healing Eats: 25 Recipes to Heal the Gut while Soothing the Soul. Join us as Kate shares her seasoned tips and tricks for surviving and thriving on the Autoimmune Protocol.
Listen/Watch time: 44 minutes
There’s no good reason we can’t find great flavor when cooking on the AIP diet.
– Kate Jay
- (06:10) What is the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP)?
- (07:55) Is AIP primarily a meat or a low-carb diet?
- (09:50) How long should you stay on the AIP diet?
- (19:40) What can you or your family learn from eliminating foods?
- (22:50) How does AIP affect mental health?
- (24:50) How does having a family on AIP challenge and/or help?
- (30:50) Why food education is best for you and your family.
- (32:00) Why letting your family decide what to eat is better for your relationships.
- (35:00) What are some great breakfast meal ideas?
- (37:30) What are a few top AIP survival tips?
It’s very empowering, once you eliminate all those AIP foods, your brilliant body can then tell you exactly what it has a problem with.
– Kate Jay
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- What is the Autoimmune Paleo or AIP diet?
- Kate’s eBook: Healing Eats: 25 Recipes to Heal the Gut while Soothing the Soul
- Broth-Poached Chicken with a Summer Tabbouleh
- 🔒Salmon, Sweet Potato and Watercress Salad with Turmeric Cream
- 🔒 Sticky Garlic & Lime Salmon with Coconut Chutney