Thyroid Medication Intolerance: What happens when we can no longer take our meds?
with Dr. Doni Wilson
*If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission.*
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode of the podcast, we speak with Dr. Donielle (Doni) Wilson, a naturopathic doctor, certified professional midwife, and certified nutrition specialist.
She graduated from Bastyr University in 2000. Bestselling author of The Stress Remedy, Dr. Doni redefines stress to include toxins, food sensitivities, and imbalanced blood sugar levels, and then offers expert guidance on how to reclaim optimal health.
Dr. Doni is the creator of a health transformation program with step-by-step support to implement clean eating, improved sleep, stress reduction, and exercise: The Stress Remedy Program. She specializes in helping people get to the underlying causes, including genetic predispositions, and reverse adrenal distress, autoimmunity, HPV and cervical dysplasia, and infertility.
Join us for an educational discussion with Dr. Doni about medication intolerance, a term many of us may not be familiar with. Tune in to learn more!
Listen/Watch time: 60 minutes
I would say, any kind of shift in your body would be considered a stress to me. So even if it’s a positive change…it’s also a little bit of a stress on your system that could even change the way you respond to, say, a thyroid hormone that you’re taking.
– dr. doni wilson
- (08:00) The truth about stress
- (13:35) What causes medication intolerance?
- (27:00) Can allergic reactions happen with thyroid medication?
- (39:45) Tips for switching medications
If a patient said to me, ‘I think I’m intolerant or reacting to this formula that I’m currently taking,’ one of the easiest things to do is just switch to a different formula, and then see if you feel better.
– dr. doni wilson
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Dr. Doni online
- 5 Ways to Reduce Stress You’ve Never Tried
- 12-Minute Stress Relief Routine
- Thyroid Refresh TV ep. 33 Fine-Tuning Your Thyroid Medication with McCall McPherson, PA-C
- Hypothyroid Blood Test Cheat Sheet
- The Stress Remedy Programs
- The Stress Remedy book