Tried, True, and Exciting New Ways to Manage Gut Dysbiosis
with Brie Wieselman, L.Ac
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode, we speak with Brie Wieselman. Brie is a functional medicine practitioner, digestive health and hormone balance specialist working with women around the world in her online practice.
Besides women’s health, Brie also specializes in helping people with digestive problems such as IBS, parasitic infections, Candida overgrowth, and SIBO to rebuild a bulletproof microbiome.
Using her programs, which integrate Functional Medicine and Chinese Medicine approaches, she has worked with hundreds of clients living anywhere from Dubai and New Zealand to California, empowering them with a personalized road map for understanding and transforming their health.
Join us for a fascinating discussion with Brie about starting to restore balance to an imbalanced gut using fermented foods, probiotics, and Helminth (worm) therapy. Tune in to learn more!
Listen/Watch time: 43 minutes
Create a state of calm for when you’re eating. And that’s because, if we’re in sympathetic dominant mode or ‘fight or flight’, that’s the opposite of parasympathetic, which I call ‘feed and breathe’ or ‘rest and digest’.
– brie wieselman
- (02:30) Why are gut imbalances so common in thyroid patients?
- (07:17) How can thyroid patients get their gut humming in spite of imbalances?
- (10:24) Brie’s feelings about supplements
- (13:50) Probiotics
- (23:00) Ferments, kombucha, and candida
- (30:00) Our drinking water
- (33:30) What is Helminth therapy?
- (38:40) Who could possibly benefit from Helminth therapy?
I’ll use a multi-strain [probiotic], something that has a blend of primarily lactobacillus and bifidus strains. And then I’ll use saccharomyces boulardii, which is a probiotic yeast…that one’s really good if people tend towards diarrhea. And then I’ll use a spore-based product, and I’ll rotate through those.
– brie wieselman
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Brie online
- Brie’s blog article: Are Worms The Next Frontier of Health? Everything You Need to Know About Helminth Therapy
- The Fix-It List: 20 Ways to Repair and Nourish Your Gut
- How to Use Probiotics to Improve Thyroid Function