What Can Thyroid Patients Do About Low Libido?
with Dr. Amie Hornaman
Welcome to Thyroid Refresh TV!
In this episode of the podcast, we speak with Dr. Amie Hornaman about libido issues that can arise when we have thyroid problems.
Amie Hornaman DCN, MsN, CFMP is a leading certified functional-medicine expert on a mission to optimize thyroid patients around the world and give them their lives back using scientific elements of nutrition and functional medicine.
After her own experience of insufferable symptoms, misdiagnoses and improper treatment, Dr. Amie set out to help others who she KNEW were going through the same set of frustrations and who were on the same medical roller coaster.
She consults people around the world via telehealth/virtual appointments beginning with in depth 90-minute consultations addressing everything from lab values to nutrition to lifestyle.
Dr. Amie specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease a d customizing health programs for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal dysfunctions, digestive disorders, and brain problems.
With a focus on optimizing thyroid function and thus optimizing her patients, Dr. Amie looks at each person as a unique individual and not JUST a lab value. She examines all factors that tie into thyroid dysfunction and thyroid symptoms and treats the person from top to bottom to give them their lives back.
Join us for this enlightening discussion with Amie about what thyroid patients can do about low libido.
Listen/Watch time: 44 minutes
It does not matter the age. You should be optimal living until the day that you die. You should feel your best. You should experience life. And part of experiencing life is having sex.
– dr. amie hornaman
- (04:35) The link between the thyroid and libido issues.
- (09:10) What are realistic expectations around libido as we age?
- (13:10) How do we begin to discern whether our low libido is due to thyroid, other hormones, or aging?
- (20:50) What lifestyle changes can we make to optimize our libido?
- (24:30) Is Maca helpful or harmful for thyroid patients?
- (36:00) What is pregnenolone?
- (40:00) Dr. Amie’s three main takeaways for listeners
For women, we need to look at the tes[tosterone] levels for not only that drive and that feeling like we want to have sex, but also getting down to the biology of it.
– dr. amie hornaman
- Subscribe to Thyroid Refresh TV
- Find Dr. Amie online
- Download Dr. Amie’s FREE Lab and Symptom Checklist